21 December 2013

Season's greetings

At last, school holidays are here. We can unwind and do all the things for which summer was intended - swim, go to the beach, play outside and enjoy the last of the evening sun after dinner. There are no schedules, no lunchboxes to fill, no homework. Six weeks to just live and be.

My family and I are looking forward to spending the summer with family and friends; I hope that you also get to spend some time this holiday season surrounded by those who matter most to you. 
This will be my last blog post for the year, so I just want to welcome my new followers and thank you all for being so generous with your time and leaving lovely, supportive comments. That is more than enough for me, so imagine my surprise when I received some lovely Christmas mail from fellow blogging friends over the past week. You know who you are. My daughters were in total awe that people I have never met would send us cards and gifts. My husband just doesn't understand it at all. But you know and I know. We get it.

I've never been huge on sending Christmas cards (or birthday cards). Sorry. As I taped these cards to the wall in our lounge, I thought of each person who had taken some time to let me know that I mattered enough to them to be sent a card and so I made a promise to myself to do better next year.

Happy holidays, my lovely Moonies. See you in 2014.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas to you and your family Leanne - it was lovely to see my card up there on your wall!! I look forward to seeing what you get up to next year and to continuing our bloggy friendship. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great break Leane - will be sending an email or text out at some stage for an end of Jan catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas to you and your family. I am glad I discovered the world of blogging and with it your blog, too. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family Leanne - have a great break and wonderful holiday season x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved following you and meeting you in real life this year was a highlight too! Let's get some real-life get togethers happening again in 2014 with some of the other Wellington peeps hey! Hope you and the family have a wonderful, restful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea! Might have to make myself a Christmas card tree next year. Enjoy the holidays x

    ReplyDelete